Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March 15, 2010


This week we had class pretty much the entire week. We got to take gospels with Wes Olmstead which was a very intense/hard but fun experience. This class taught me a lot of things. It was a ton of information and your brain hurt by the end of every day but I learned a ton of stuff that I would never have even thought of before. I really learned what it means to be a disciple of Jesus this week. I had always had a few preconcieved ideas about this but through the careful study of the gospels this week I found out what God actaully wants for me in this area.

I found myself thinking a lot about my friends back home and the way that Jesus wants me to stand out to them. Being a disciple means taking up your cross every day and standing apart from the rest of the world even if this means being looked down on by friends or even family.

I have been thinking about my friends back home more and more and I think that I am ready to minister to them the way I should always have been doing. I am praying a lot that God will give me the words to say to them and the courage to say it. I understand now Jims analogy of kaleo being a diving board to get you ready to jump into the world and be a light.

No comments:

Post a Comment