Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last Post


Well well well. Kaleo is finally coming to a close. Needless to say I have mixed feelings about this along with everyone else. It has been an incredible year and I have gotten so close with everyone here.

We had an awesome retreat at mount washington this week just to hangout and spend time with one another. I had an incredible time here. We also did an awesome solo time like we did at the beginning of the year for spiritual formation. I had an unbelievable time with this. Me and K-cey hiked partway up the mountain and did our solo time up there. I found it really difficult to focus at first and that my mind would wander about every 20 minutes. Once i bucked down and focused and remembered to pray every time I got distracted i got really into it. I prayed for a long time about my friends and going home and then just layed in the sun and read the bible until I was done. On the walk back down we got to slide on our bums, (it was really fun).

I feel excited and nervous to be going home. I am really pumped to see my friends and tell them all the sweet stuff that I have learned this year but I am also nervous about falling into old habits. I know I will have to be intentional if I am going to stay strong this summer. I have certainly taken a huge step in coming here to kaleo and I think that I am just about ready to get back into the world.

This is my last post now anyways. hope you enjoyed reading about all my kaleo adventures.

Lots O' Love, from John

No comments:

Post a Comment