Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 3, 2009

This week was one of my favorite at kaleo so far. There was a lot of fun stuff that we did and we were pretty busy all the time unlike some weeks. The highlight was most definantly our surf trip. If I had to pick the best time i have had at kaleo so far it would be this trip to the other side of the island. We left in the morning heading for Tofino and travelled a good 3 or 4 hours to get there. It wasnt boring at all though, we made many stops and I had fun just hanging out with people in the van. One of our stops was at coombs market, with goats on the roof! Since I live just on the mainland i have seen this place a number of times but seeing goats literally on the roof never gets old. We also stopped at this epic river, I dont know the name of it but it was an incredible place. There were crazy rapids in the rushing river and then a few feet away tiny pools of water so still they were like a mirror. We got to stop at one other cool spot on our journey, it was this sweet forrest area. The trees were massive and very beautiful, just joking around and enjoying Gods creation with friends was sweet. We eventually got to the church we were staying at and unpacked all our stuff. During our stay here we had so much fun between wave watching, surfing, worship time, watching pro surfers, and just hanging out. The worship times we had while we were on the trip were some of the most intense I have ever had and I felt God's presence very strongly there. We were also blessed to hear some very intense and inspirational testimonies. This trip was amazing. After this we had our reading break, but you will have to wait till next week to hear about that, until then. CYA

No comments:

Post a Comment