Monday, November 9, 2009
November 9, 2009
I was looking forward to this week ever since i heard about it in elementary school, reading break! It was a really fun week. I went home on sunday evening with Matthew and James and stayed until thursday. It was really fun getting to see my friends but I missed the people back here at Kaleo a lot too. I met my mom at the ferry and got a ride back home with her. It was fun just talking and catching up on stuff for a while with her. When I got home I spent almost all of my time hanging out with friends, althought I probably should have been paying more attention to my homework. When I travelled home at thanksgiving I had a lot of trouble with that trip. I felt very spiritually attacked and tempted and I was saddened when I left. This time though, I had a great experience. I asked God to keep me strong and he did. While talking with my friend about school we got onto the topic of the bible and my friend Chloe told me she had never opened a bible in her life or had it read to her. I asked if it was allright if I read a little and she said sure so I was able to be her first Bible experience which made me feel awesome. We ended up talking about Christianity and other religions for many hours after that (I got home at around 4am!). I didnt have the answers to all her questions but that only made me want to learn more for myself so I could be ready in the future. It was a great time. On my last night I got to hang out with my Dad which was awesome cuz he has been out of town on buisness a lot lately. We went to see a movie and just hang out and we had a great time. When we got home we read the bible and prayed together for a while. Overall it was an awesome reading break. On the weekend I worked at the junior high retreat and just today I had my first day of old testament literature. The class seems awesome and I cant wait to see what I will learn by the end of the week. Until then, Cya later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment