Monday, November 16, 2009

November 16th, 2009


This week was all about one thing, Old Testament Literature. This was a doozie of a class, solid work each day and a ton of information. This is what really stood out to me, the insane ammout of information that we were provided with during this class. At the end of each day my brain was completely dead from taking in info. non stop. This was not a bad thing however because I learned a huge ammount of stuff that I had no idea about before. Before this class ym knowledge of the old testament was incredibly limited, mostly all coming from sunday school stories and the odd passage read here and there. With this class though, I got to learn in detail about a ton of different aspects of the old testament. I thought it was amazing and actaully really fun. I found that my eyes were really opened to a lot of stuff in the OT. One of the main things is the brutality of it. If the old testament were made into a movie they would need a rating about 18A. I really thought it was a great class and I learned so much. One thing that I also thought was sweet was when we talked about creation. Since I have a lot of non christian friends this is something that I always wished I could talk mor about, in terms of evolution and the big bang theory versus God creating the earth. Also I think that like Don said at the beggining of the class, knowing the stuff that I learned from the old testament in this class will really help me to understand the new testmanet better and apply the teachings of the bible way better. Overall, it was a great experience and hand down my favorite class so far (even though I got owned on the test. I wish i could have done good like smart Caroline). Anyways. until next week. cya

No comments:

Post a Comment