Monday, October 26, 2009

October 25, 2009

This week at Kaleo was a very slow week. There wasnt a whole lot of stuff that we did. It was a pretty relaxed week overall but for me this was a very good thing. I was very behind on my homework and I was able to catch up a lot. I was also able to catch up on some bible reading. This is something that I have been struggling with lately, spending some quality time with God. I have been working to try to view spending extra time with God as a blessing and not as a duty. The only thing that we actaully did this week was our Hermeneutics class. I found this class a lot more dry than spiritual formation but still very informative. There was one moment though that was very intense. That would be of course the issue of baptism. This was a very heated discussion with people argueing about a variety of different things. One side thought that baptism was one of the ways you gained salvation and without it you would be going to hell. The other side thought that it was more of a statement of faith that Christians would simply feel obligated to do. This resulted in a verbal battle that will be talked about in legend forever. On friday I went to work at my youth group which was awesome. Except we were really late for our spagetti dinner that started at 5:30. But I still had a lot of fun hanging out with my kids.Overall it was a relaxed week but a week that I got a lot of work done in. See you next week, same bat time same bat channel. BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment