Monday, October 12, 2009
October 12, 2009
Hey peeps, this week most of our time was taken up on our sailing adventure with SALTS. We rode on the Pacific Grace, a 138 foot sail boat. It was an amazing experience from the very start. We left from Victoria harbour on monday morning and got back on friday at around 3. We didnt have a real plan for where we were going to. We sailed all around to various islands and sailed on the open sea. To get to these islands we rode on the most fun boats ever, the dories. They were super unstable and it was so fun listening to matthew scream "Pan Pan" repeatedly. I really thought that this trip helped me to grow spiritually a lot too. Worshipping in the hold with everyone and sharing stuff about ourselves was a great experience to grow as a christian and to grow closer together as friends and a community. The games we played at night also helped us to grow closer together. Especially while playing TNT, in which "WE BROKE HISTORY". I also had some good quiet time to read the bible and memorize some verses. I found it was a very good place to concentrate on God, out in the ocean where there are no distractions. Then this weekend I went home and had thanksgiving with my family and friends. I had a fun time visiting with everyone but I found it very strange going from a completely christian environment to an almost completely non-christian environment. I had a really great experience on the ferry ride over though. I had nothing to do so I took out my bible and read for a while, then i prayed and listened to worship music. It was a really great experience with God for those 2 hours on the ferry. Overall it was a really great week. Until next time, BYEBYE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment