Monday, October 19, 2009

October 19, 2009

This week at Kaleo was not as eventful as some but it was still pretty fun. We were supposed to have gone on our surfing trip over the week but it was cancelled because of the weather. Instead of that we went on our caving adventure. This was extremely fun, we got to explore all around in these pitch black caves and climb all over the place. It was just one more opportunity here to be amazed at God's creation. Not to even mention the spiders in there! After our caving we went to coombs farmers market to do some shopping. This place was awesome too, there were lots of cool stores and goats on the roof of one of the buildings! Then we got to go swimming at this crazy pool. It was awesome there, they had steamrooms, saunas, slides and diving boards. I had a really great time there.
On thursday night we had a really cool time as well. It was DDG night (Ditch the Guys/Girls). The first thing we did was go skating and played hockey. I thought this was really fun even though I was terrible at it. It was a good place for us guys to bond. Then we headed for ladysmith park and had some crazy fun there too playing grounders and making epic videos. Once we were done out and about we went over to Jims house where he treated us to the best/most manly meal ever...Steak! It was an amazing meal and just a great time for all us guys to get closer.
On the weekend I was working in the kitchen to help with the womens retreat. I can't really say that this was fun. But considering that it was work, cooking was a pretty good way to spend my time. It was kind of fun serving for one of our guest groups though. Overall it was another action packed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment