Wednesday, December 2, 2009
November 30th
This week at Kaleo was pretty much all filled up with Foundations of Church Ministry Class. I thought that this was a really cool class. I found it very easy to pay attention becuase everything that we talked about was stuff we can actaully apply to our own lives. We can use what we learned to look at our own churches both back home and here at kaleo. Both of the books that we read were really helpful for this. Although I didnt agree with everything that was said in them they were very observant of the problems and various aspects of the church. I feel like I have a better appreatiation for how sweet my church back home is now after reading all about the problems that so many other churches have. I learned not only a lot about my church but also a lot about myself this week. I learned about the things I should be doing as the bible commanded in my own life. I really learned about what we should be doing to evangalize to the community and how important it is that we do this. During a lot of chapels we often hear peoples testimonies. A couple weeks ago i thought that I might be ready to share mine. So i was said next time it is one of those awkward ones where no one talks for 10 minutes and jim has to say "out loud" i would share mine. Then one of those days this week jim asked who was sharing today and it started getting quiet/ awkward. I was kinda wishing someone would share really quickly but then i just decided it must be the time for me to share. I was super nervous! I felt like i was in a vortex of fear for a while looking at the ground 98% of the time and i forgot a couple of things but I am so glad that I shared. I got to get a lot of stuff off my chest that I had never told anyone before. And I have never shared my testimony either so it was a really great experience. Everyone here is so awesome and supportive and genuinely interested that i felt really good after i shared and was encouraged and got prayed for by my awesome roomies. And that wasnt even the end. Then I got tons of hugs on top of that which are definantly in my top ten favorite things in the world. It was just a great experience and an epic week. Anyways, byebye untill next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment