Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

Finally back from winter break and then straight into classes. it was a crazy first week back for me at kaleo. The break was a very interesting experience. I had gone home a couple of times before for thanksgiving and for reading break but this was my first long period of time spent at home in a while. It was really good to see my friends and family again. However the first week was a real struggle for me. I found that I felt more distant from some people and I found myself being very suprised at some things my friends would do and say that would not have surprised me before. I had made it my mission during being home to talk to my friends about some of the awesome things God has been doing for me and talk to them about their relationship or lack thereof with Him. I have often found it a struggle to talk to my friends about God with my friends for some reason. They are the people who mean the most to me so it would seem like I would be eager to talk to them about God and salvation but for some reason i almost never do. It might be because i am affraid of hurting my relationship with them or turning them off God by witnessing wrong. I did get to see my only close christian friend i have not seen in a long time and talk to him about both of our relationships with God which was awesome. I also got to talk to my friends Chloe and Hala a bit about God. They had both been praying lately about crazy things in their lives and even though it seems like they dont have a desire for a relationship with God this really excited me. With my best friend Brandon I got to have a very long and deep talk about God. He told me that he has gotten a desire to get close to God and he is trying different things. I got to give him a few suggestions are read the Bible with him. It was a really good time of talking to my friends about my faith. I did find this time exhausting however and the last week of the break was hard. Coming back to kaleo I had a class right away which didnt help me to relax any. But it was still a good experience learning about Gods desire and plan for mission in our lives. Overall it has been a wild month and i am looking forward to maybe getting a little more rest these next few days. Anyways, until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment